The Workforce Development program at the EDC coordinates with private and public partners to create a strong workforce system in our county and region.
Workforce Development fulfills a critical component of business success by promoting and supporting a robust workforce in Thurston County. Understanding business strengths and assets and assisting in coordinating with public and private partners to create a strong workforce system in Thurston County and the region provides a robust framework in assisting businesses in recruitment, retention and expansion.
We work to help businesses – both new and expanding businesses – with the following:
- providing subject matter expertise regarding available workforce programs
- assists business owners in finding qualified workers through our public and workforce development program partners
- provides technical assistance with workforce development issues
- doing direct outreach to business as it relates to workforce development issues
- provide advocacy back to the deliverers of workforce development services on behalf of business