Innovation Partnership Zone
In October 2015, Thurston County was designated as an Innovation Partnership Zone by the Washington State Department of Commerce in the Craft Brewing and Distilling industry cluster. Building on the nearly 120-year history of brewing in this community, the mission of the IPZ is to ensure a world-class source for craft brewed beers and ciders and craft-distilled spirits, made from locally grown ingredients, by independent local producers, and distributed nationally and internationally.
The Thurston EDC is the designated administrator of the IPZ, and will actively engage in leadership activities, including the performance of administrative activities, acting as the fiscal agent, working to ensure that entrepreneurial resources exist for the growing needs of the sector, and reporting and measuring outcomes of this project.
- City of Tumwater
- South Puget Sound Community College
- Washington State University School for Food Science
- Saint martin’s University
- Washington State University Extension
- Thurston County Chamber of Commerce
- Lacey South Sound Chamber of Commerce
- Tumwater Area Chamber of Commerce