Business Enterprise Startup Training/SEAP
What is the B.E.S.T. program?
Business startup isn’t rocket science – it’s a step-by-step, common-sense procedure. We can teach you the steps to take and how to maneuver around the obstacles so your business is successful.
B.E.S.T. Series 1 is designed for the individual who wants to start a business but doesn’t know what to do next. We will help you look closely at your dream idea and develop a business model and plan that will actually work. We also provide you with the beginning tools you will need to get, keep and grow customers as well as how to make money and manage financial and human resources.
In this 8 week webinar class you will learn:
- How to test if your business idea is feasible.
- How to develop a clear business vision and profitable business model.
- How to structure your business entity and meet legal requirements.
- How to implement a marketing strategy to bring in a steady stream of customers.
- How to understand financial statements and project cash flow.
- How to make decisions based on data instead of assumptions.
- How to avoid common mistakes most new business owners make.
Course Tuition – $395 (USD)*
*increase in tuition will be effective for classes beginning January 5th and later.
Check our event calendar for class dates!
Classes fill up fast! Enroll Today
If you are interested in enrolling in our next Business Start-Up Course, please complete and send us your application.
- Download SEAP program application (click here to download)
- Fill out your required sections. self-SEAP Application Example
- Send us your application.
Send us your completed SEAP Application:
Fax: (360) 407-3980
Mail: 4220 6th Ave SE, Lacey, WA 98503
If you have questions you would like us to answer, please give us a call.
8:30am – 5:00pm
What is the class format?
These training classes are offered via webinar format with a live instructor. Webinar Trainings are live workshops that are viewed from your computer, where you can interact with the instructor and the other participants. Webinar Training is a great way to learn, because you can learn from the convenience of your home or office. Each live webinar classes will be recorded, so if you miss a class, you will be able to watch the class video at your leisure. Class recordings are generally made available within 24 hours after class was held.
You will also have access to a business mentor who will help you apply what you have learned to your unique business environment. These business mentors are experienced business professionals. A mentor will be available at your request.
What Are the course tuition, payment and refund policies?
The tuition is $395 (USD) per series. Our refund policy gives you the opportunity to attend one class and then cancel for a full refund. We must be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of the first day of training. Otherwise, there are no refunds. This also applies to any participants who were referred by Employment Security Division through the Self-Employment Assistance Program (SEAP).
Full payment must be received five working days before the start of the course unless other arrangements have been made in advance. Your participation in the class will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited if payment is not made prior to Class Two.
Is there any special information for SEAP participants?
- When registering, please check the box on the registration form that indicates you are part of ESD’s SEAP program.
- As part of the SEAP program, you must complete their registration form. We are an approved training provider and will complete the section for training providers.
- Send the completed form to us so we can complete the provider section. Try to send a PDF scan rather than a fax. All of the contact information is on the last page of this document.
- Please Note: We will no longer send your progress reports to ESD. However, we must still complete and sign the provider section of the report. After we sign the form, it will be sent back to you and it is your responsibility to get it to ESD in a timely fashion. Here is the new procedure.
- Send the completed form to us so we can sign the provider section. Try to send a PDF scan rather than a fax. All of this information is on the last page of this document.
- Within 48 hours of receiving your form, we will sign it and return it to you.
- You must then send the completed form to ESD. We will no longer know whether you sent the progress report in time.
- Please carefully complete the Progress Report provided by ESD. A correct example of this form is part of this packet. We will no longer be correcting your progress reports if they are completed incorrectly. So, it is important that you are careful.
- One common area of mistake is the question regarding whether you have completed the training. According to our agreement with ESD, our program lasts for a full 6 months. The first 8 weeks are spent in training. The remaining weeks are spent working with your mentor or business coach to launch your business. When ESD uses the word “training”, they actually mean the entire program. As long as you are still working with us through our mentors or coaches, you remain in our program even though you have completed the training.
- For us to verify that you are still in the program, you must make contact with your designated mentor or business coach every month. We will be tracking this contact.
- After six months, you will have “graduated” from our program and we will report this to ESD.
- If you fail to make contact with your mentor or business coach, we will contact you and discuss whether you feel you have completed the program in a quicker timeframe than the allocated 6 months. We will then notify ESD of your completion of our program.
- When communicating with us, please make sure a contact email or phone number is provided on every communication. This will make it easier for us to promptly correspond with you.
Is there any special information for Camo2Commerce Participants?
- When you register for the class, please check the box that indicates you are a Camo2Commerce program participant. Your fee is waived and is paid through the Camo2Commerce program.
- You will need to contact your Camo2Commerce representative before registering for the class.