Since 1986, the annual Business Recognition Awards event has honored local businesses and non-profit organizations recognizing the significant role that they play in creating a healthy and diverse economy throughout Thurston County. Join us for this inspiring event to celebrate local business success.
May 19, 2017
Cocktails: 5:30 p.m.
Program/Dinner: 6:30 p.m.
Olympia County & Golf Club
3636 Country Club Rd NW
Olympia, WA 98502
We need your help! You interact with amazing businesses and non-profits every day. Do them the honor of nominating them! Deadline is April 24th to nominate. View the full details and nomination form here.
We’ll be providing an update on the Regional Alliance Economic Development Strategic Plan, and requesting support of the Alliance’s initiatives.
Award Categories Criteria: There are four categories for nominations: New Business, Small Business, Large Business and Non-Profit of the Year. Criteria for each of the Categories are below.
- Entered into business in Thurston County within the last 3 years
- Demonstrates diversification in the overall business climate by the introduction of a new product/service or by employing a different set of individuals that may not have been previously employed.
- Can represent a redeveloped business model or innovation in their business practices that has allowed them to remain or become more competitive
- Should demonstrate a commitment to leadership within the community in support of a portion of, or the larger Thurston community
- Includes businesses with 49 employees or less
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service, product development, and has positively impacted the economic vitality of Thurston county
- Demonstrates innovation within their market niche or an ability to adapt to change in their marketplace, locally or regionally
- Demonstrates a record of commitment to the Thurston county community through leadership, support of a local community based organization, or giving of financial resources
- Allows for consideration of franchise business when individually owned. Individual branches are not considered but would be as a whole entity.
- Employs more than 50 individuals and reaches a market beyond Thurston county
- Employment and/or business operations have an identified multiplying impact upon greater Thurston County economy
- Company should have a demonstrated history of supporting local community activities and programs
- As a result of their operations, Thurston county has achieved a level of prominence and economic strength
- Headquarters do not need to be physically located in Thurston county, however, the company must have significant employment and operations within the county
- Demonstrate stability by being in operation for 5 years or more
- Provides services that are not fulfilled by basic government or for-profit business
- Proven record of fulfilling their mandate and demonstrated record of positive impact upon the community
- As a result of organization’s mission and actions, individuals served have gone on to make a strong contribution to the fabric of Thurston county